Re: current transaction in productive database

From: Jeff
Subject: Re: current transaction in productive database
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

current transaction in productive database  ("", )
 Re: current transaction in productive database  (Jeff, )
 Re: current transaction in productive database  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: current transaction in productive database  (Euler Taveira de Oliveira, )

On Mar 20, 2009, at 5:26 AM,  wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> is there a way to find out, how many transactions my currenc
> productive database is doing?
>
> I know know how much i an offer with my new database and hardware,
> but i would also like to know what i actually _need_ on my current
> productive system.
>
> Is there a way to find this out?

Are you looking to see how many transactions per second or more how
many transactions concurrently at a given time?

For the former you can use pgspy (its on pgfoundry) to get an idea of
queries per second coming in.

For the latter, just select * from pg_stat_activity where
current_query <> '<IDLE>';

--
Jeff Trout <>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/