Re: Adminpack removal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Adminpack removal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 28 Jun 2024, at 09:06, Philippe BEAUDOIN <phb.emaj@free.fr> wrote:

> So just looking in public repo covers probably less than 1% of the code. However, this may give a first idea,
especialyif a feature use is already detected.

Searching for anything on Github is essentially a dead end since it reports so
many duplicates in forks etc.  That being said, I did a lot of searching and
browsing to find users [0], but came up empty (apart from forks which already
maintain their own copy).  A more targeted search is the Debian Code search
which at the time of removal (and well before then) showed zero occurrences of
adminpack functions in any packaged software, and no extensions which had
adminpack as a dependency.  While not an exhaustive search by any means, it
does provide a good hint.

Since you list no other extensions using adminpack to support keeping it, I
assume you also didn't find any when searching?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/B07CC211-DE35-4AC5-BD4E-0C6466700B06%40yesql.se