Postgre SQL DBA - IPsoft - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Dustin Long
Subject Postgre SQL DBA - IPsoft
Date
List pgsql-jobs

All,

I received permission from Selena to forward one of our current PostgreSQL DBA openings.  I work for IPsoft based out of our New York City office and we are a global leading managed services provider.  We are looking to hire a PostgreSQL DBA for our team in Bloomington, IL.  This is a full-time role to be part of the IPsoft family.

Below are the details and please reach out to me with any questions.

PostgreSQL DBA – Bloomington, IL - IPsoft

Summary

Seeking a PostgreSQL DBA for an eCommerce  platform running

PostgreSQL on Linux  with Slony  (for replication) in high volume/critical

production environments. This position requires extensive Linux,

PostgreSQL and scripting knowledge. A Bachelor’s or higher degree in a

technical discipline is desired. You MUST have advanced DBA experience

as well as maintaining and performance-tuning experience. Security and IT

best practices knowledge as well as an eagerness to learn is also a must.

Experience with Slony  and/or database replication is highly desired.

Responsibilities

• Create and maintain IT documentation.

• Work with development and IT teams to maintain all operational

  systems.

• Respond to trouble tickets in a timely manner.

• Be a SME at client site.

• Work with the IT teams to implement new projects and solutions

  within the network.

• Evaluate and plan out database maintenance and upgrades.

• Review SQL queries written by development to help improve

  performance.

• Deploy SQL updates to development, QA and production systems.

• Generate reports for use by Executive, Finance and Accounting

  departments.

• Database backup and recovery.

• Maintain Production, QA and Development environments, as well as

  deploy new code to these environments

• Write scripts for tasks such as automation, monitoring and

  troubleshooting.

• Maintain and ensure availability of PostgreSQL based server

  systems.

• Database design and implementation.

• Monitor and analyze database health and performance.

Technical Requirements

• Minimum 5 years experience developing and administering PostgreSQL

  database infrastructure for mission critical applications.

• A deep understanding of database systems and the factors that affect

  distributed system performance

• Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk

  subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments

  ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database

  systems issues

• Strong scripting and automation skills (Shell, Python, etc)

• Experience supporting redundant systems with 24x7 availability

  requirement

• A deep understanding of database design principals

• Experience with MySQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle is highly desirable

Non-Technical Skills

• Must be a good team player

• Good communication skills – oral & written

Benefits

• Competitive Base Salary

• Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision Care

• Life Insurance

• Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance

• 401(K) Plan

• Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care, Dependent Care, Transit

• Paid Time Off

Best,

Dustin

Dustin Long | Senior Corporate Recruiter - Human Resources | IPsoft, Incorporated

Phone: 888-IPSOFT-8 | Direct:  212-708-5661 | Fax:  212-353 2454

IPSoft Logo

Autonomic IT Management

Gartner-sig-revised-2-01.png

Attachment