Re: make error Mac OS X (ar: illegal option -- s) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rodrigues
Subject Re: make error Mac OS X (ar: illegal option -- s)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

In light of no responses to the make error question -

Has anyone succeeded in installing PostgreSQL 7.4 on Mac OS X
(10.1/10.2/10.3) ?

Until now PostgreSQL was always just a ./configure, make, make install
away.

- Joel

On Friday, December 12, 2003, at 10:02 , Joel Rodrigues wrote:

> Thanks Tom. That got rid of the 'ar' error, but here's the new one that
> subsequently occurs :
>
> -----------------------------
> /var/tmp/ccECcaaa.s:2139:Parameter error: r0 not allowed for parameter
> 2 (code as 0 not r0)
> make[4]: *** [xlog.o] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [transam-recursive] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [access-recursive] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> -----------------------------
>
> I found this, which may be relevant:
>
> http://www.simdtech.org/apps/group_public/email/altivec/msg00663.html
>
> I don't have much of a clue with regard to C programming.
>
> Cheers,
> Joel
>

> On Friday, December 12, 2003, at 03:21 , Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Joel Rodrigues <joelrodrigues@ifrance.com> writes:
>>> Hi, I get the following error when I run make on Mac OS X v 10.1.5
>>> Any
>>> ideas ?
>>
>> Try setting AROPT = cr (not crs) in Makefile.darwin.
>>
>>             regards, tom lane

Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T�l�charger MSN Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1�re messagerie instantan�e de France