Re: make error Mac OS X (ar: illegal option -- s) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rodrigues
Subject Re: make error Mac OS X (ar: illegal option -- s)
Date
List pgsql-general
Oh well, I'll soon be on OS X 10.3 (Panther) , so I'll just leave it
alone for now and get on with development using 7.3.3. I was holding out
for updates to the iBooks, and now that the G4 iBooks are here I'm
aiming for the 12" any time now.

I guess it will also be a little while before PostgreSQL 7.4.x is widely
available at web hosting companies.

Cheers,
Joel

On Monday, December 15, 2003, at 04:56 , Tom Lane wrote:

> Joel Rodrigues <joelrodrigues@ifrance.com> writes:
>> This may be a Mac OS X v10.1 issue.
>
> I believe so.  I have tested 7.4 on 10.2.6 and a 10.3 beta release
> without problems.
>
> The message
>
>> /var/tmp/ccECcaaa.s:2139:Parameter error: r0 not allowed for parameter
>> 2 (code as 0 not r0)
>
> looks like a compiler bug (viz, gcc generating wrong assembly code)
> and there's not likely to be much enthusiasm for finding a workaround
> on our end, when 10.1 is pretty obsolete anyway.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T�l�charger MSN Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1�re messagerie instantan�e de France