Re: shameless behavior of EDB ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On May 12, 2011, at 11:40 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> 2011/5/12 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:
>>
>>> It's a nice conspiracy theory I'll grant you, but really this is just
>>> a simple miscommunication between the folks that put the map together
>>> and the web guys.
>>>
>>> You'll have seen that there were 2 colours of dots on the map. The
>>> green ones are a selection of our customers, and the orange ones are
>>> known PostgreSQL users. The web guys mistakenly thought the map showed
>>> just our customers and wrote the page accordingly. This has now been
>>> fixed.
>>>
>>> Thanks for brining this to our attention.
>>

>> So you've copied a customer list from another company's web site,
>> placed that data on your own and then accidentally misrepresented what
>> that means.
>
> I do not know that that is the case at all - I don't know where the
> data came from.

i am not blaming you personally - don't get me wrong.
i can tell you where it comes from: www.postgresql-support.de ... including typo from my side, including companies
whichdon't even exist anymore ....

@simon: in short, "yes" ...

    hans