RE: BUG #18410: SQL Error [XX000]: ERROR: variable not found in subplan target list - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fernando Asulay
Subject RE: BUG #18410: SQL Error [XX000]: ERROR: variable not found in subplan target list
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Well, like I mention we tested old and newer versions of timescaledb both in newer versions of postgres and varying the
timescaledbversion doesn't provoke the issue.

It only appears when you use timescaledb on postgres version 14 and above.

I really am not sure is a postgres bug, but this error has been reported before as a postgres bug in the past, think
here: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2121219.1644607692%40sss.pgh.pa.us

But maybe I'm miss understanding. If you are sure is not a postgres bug I can report it to the timescaleDB team.

—
Fernando Asulay
Principal Software Engineer

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
Enviado el: miércoles, 27 de marzo de 2024 14:02
Para: Fernando Asulay <fernando.asulay@es.abb.com>; pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Asunto: Re: BUG #18410: SQL Error [XX000]: ERROR: variable not found in subplan target list

BeSecure!       This email comes from outside of ABB. Make sure you verify the sender before clicking any links or
downloading/openingattachments.

If this email looks suspicious, report it by clicking 'Report Phishing' button in Outlook or raising a ticket on MyIS.

On Wed, 2024-03-27 at 12:42 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Bug reference:      18410
> PostgreSQL version: 16.2
> Operating system:   TimescaleDB linux Docker  image
>
> The issue was found to happend on timescaledb extension hypertables
> using postgres 14 and above. We tested different version of
> timescaledb and doesn't seem to take any effect. Only changing pg version from 13 to 14.

What makes you think that that is a PostgreSQL bug, not a TimescaleDB bug?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe