Re: tcpip_socket vs -i - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: tcpip_socket vs -i
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey, that did insult my intellegence! :) I did get it working without the
"-i" but it seems you cannot do this "on the fly" via pg_ctl reload, that
you have to at least do a restart (either via pg_ctl or stop/start of
postmaster) to get this going. Note this is contrary to something like
turning on debugging output, which can be done via reload.  It's a suttle
difference, but one that probably should be mentioned in the docs somewhere.

Robert