Re: tcpip_socket vs -i - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tcpip_socket vs -i
Date
List pgsql-general
"Robert Treat" <robertt@auctionsolutions.com> writes:
> I'm trying to find out the true behavior of postgres in regards to accepting
> tcpip socket connections. According to the documentation, I should be able
> to start postmaster with just "pg_ctl start" then specify tcpip_socket = on
> (or possibly tcpip_socket = true, I tried both) in postgresql.conf and have
> tcp_ip socket connections working, however after a multitude of different
> attempts I found no way to get tcpip sockets to work unless I started the
> postmaster with -i.

Works fine for me.  Are you sure the postmaster is looking at the same
postgresql.conf that you think it's looking at?

Or ... not to insult your intelligence, but ... did you remove the '#'
comment marker from the line that sets tcpip_socket?

            regards, tom lane