Re: Assistance required for PlanetPostgreSQL.org design - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Assistance required for PlanetPostgreSQL.org design
Date
List pgsql-www
On Jun 14, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> I'm not that excited about that -- The Foundation site and main
>> web site are now similar. Also bizgres one. I think we should be
>> different, keeping the color scheme of PostgreSQL.org.
>>

> I think staying similar to the PostgreSQL.Org site would be a good
> thing. You don't have to use the same colors (like bizgres) but a
> similar layout and fonts just adds the community feel.

I agree with Josh, here. Having a design that's similar to the
www.postgresql.org site strengthens the apparent presence of
PostgreSQL on the web. With many different designs, people may wonder
if it's at all related to www.postgresql.org. Granted, it's a
different domain, but the people involved are active members are
actively involved in the PostgreSQL community, and that can be
visually reinforced with a similar design.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com