Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 3/1/11 11:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> If we do hold up the release, I'll probably go back and reopen the
>> postgresql_fdw patch as well as btree_gist.  So I won't run out of
>> things to do.  But I'm not terribly satisfied with the decision-making
>> process here.
>
> OK, well, we gave it an extra 15 days, which was all we promised.
>
> I'm ok with closing things as of the end of the 15 days, say Thursday or
> Friday.

That's still missing the point, which is that the code is unlikely to
be up to our usual standards at that point.

So far I don't hear anyone arguing strongly that we should accept sync
rep in 9.1, and several people arguing the reverse.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company