Re: Is LISTEN/NOTIFY reliable? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Is LISTEN/NOTIFY reliable?
Date
Re: Is LISTEN/NOTIFY reliable?
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 3:27 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Does anybody know PostgreSQL LISTEN/NOTIFY is more reliable than
> previous versions?  I vaguely recall that in the previous
> implementation, message sent by NOTIFY may not be reached to listner.
> Does PostgreSQL 9.0's new implementation guarantee that the message is
> received by the listener?

I think it was always intended to be reliable (otherwise it's not much
good).  I think I remember a bug where notifications were being lost
on Windows under heavy load, but I thought we fixed that...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company