Re: Typo in plperl doc ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Typo in plperl doc ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
<ioguix@free.fr> wrote:
> While translating the plperl page from the manual, I found the following
> sentence:
>
>  The <varname>%_SHARED</varname> variable and other global state within
>  the language is public data.
>
> Should it be :
>
>  The <varname>%_SHARED</varname> variable and other global variables
>  within the language are public data.
>
> ?

"State" is a more general term, which would include any information
that is globally accessible from within the interpreter, not just
what's stored in variables.  Off the top of my head, I'm not sure if
there is anything like that, but I wouldn't bet on there not being
any...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company