Problem regarding Postgresql installation and ODBC driver installation in 64 bit Windows Vista OS. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From amruta buch
Subject Problem regarding Postgresql installation and ODBC driver installation in 64 bit Windows Vista OS.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello Sir/Madam,

I am unable to install Postgresql  "*Installer version Version 9.0.3-1
winx86-64"  on my HP 64 bit laptop dv6000 series having Windows Vista OS.*
*
*
*As soon as I try to run executable file for installing postgresql , the
program aborts from inbetween and installation is cancelled. *
*
*
***Moreover when I try to install "**Installer version Version 8.4.7-1* " on
the same laptop. it is successfully installed. But here inspite of showing
successful message of ODBC driver installation, when I try to generate a new
SYSTEM DSN for ODBC connection, it never shows me an option of postgresql
ODBC driver.
*
*
*I would be very grateful if you could help me in solving these issues as I
am in very crucial state of my research project  and I need postgresql for
 database access. *