BUG #5865: Problem regarding Postgresql installation and ODBC driver installation in 64 bit Windows Vista OS - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amruta Buch
Subject BUG #5865: Problem regarding Postgresql installation and ODBC driver installation in 64 bit Windows Vista OS
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5865
Logged by:          Amruta Buch
Email address:      aybgr8@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: Version 9.0.3-1
Operating system:   Windows Vista
driver installation in 64 bit Windows Vista OS
Details:

I am unable to install Postgresql  "Installer version Version 9.0.3-1
winx86-64"  on my HP 64 bit laptop dv6000 series having Windows Vista OS.

As soon as I try to run executable file for installing postgresql , the
program aborts from inbetween and installation is cancelled.

Moreover when I try to install "Installer version Version 8.4.7-1 " on the
same laptop. it is successfully installed. But here inspite of showing
successful message of ODBC driver installation, when I try to generate a new
SYSTEM DSN for ODBC connection, it never shows me an option of postgresql
ODBC driver.

I would be very grateful if you could help me in solving these issues as I
am in very crucial state of my research project  and I need postgresql for
database access.