collecting open items for PG 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject collecting open items for PG 9.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Now that alpha4 is out the door (and the bug reports have begun to
roll in), we should probably give some more serious thought to the
road from here to beta1.  There's a partial list of open items here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Open_Items

Many of those items related to synchronous replication, but I think
that's because Fujii Masao just made a big update rather than due to
any lack of open items elsewhere - in particular, it seems like there
may be some open items related to collation support, and perhaps other
things.  I think it would be helpful if anyone who is aware of other
things that ought to be addressed before we go to beta could add them
there - that way, we have a clear list that everyone can see of what
we need to hammer through, and we can start hammering it.

I am also curious what people think would be a realistic date to shoot
for in terms of beta1.  My first thought would be about a month from
now, i.e. the second full week in April, but I have no idea whether
that matches anyone else's thoughts on the matter.  I think if it's
going to take any longer than that, though, we probably ought to put
out another alpha around the end of March.

Thoughts?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company