Re: and it's not a bunny rabbit, either - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: and it's not a bunny rabbit, either
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On lör, 2011-01-01 at 00:05 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Yeah, and I still believe that.  I'm having difficulty coming up with
>> a workable approach, though.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with having 20 or 30 messages of variants of
>
> "foo cannot be used on bar"
>
> without placeholders.

Well, that's OK with me.  It seems a little grotty, but manageably so.Questions:

1. Should we try to include the name of the object?  If so, how?

2. Can we have a variant with an SQL-command-fragment parameter?

%s cannot be used on views
where %s might be CLUSTER, DROP COLUMN, etc.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company