Re: Beta4 release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Beta4 release announcement
Date
Re: Beta4 release announcement  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Wow, overreact much? It's only a beta announcement.
>
> BTW, my apologies for the tone of my original message.  I do strongly
> feel that moderators of -announce should exercise far more caution in
> approving things even if it means delays. The way I originally expressed
> this was not helpful.  I can completely understand you automatically
> assuming that if Selena is posting something, it must be both
> intentional and approved.

I'm lost.  Can someone explain to me in short words what was so wrong
with Selena's announcement?  Even though one paragraph of text was
from the previous release, I don't think anything in there was
actually untrue.  At most, it was slightly misleading or not quite up
to date.  I don't even understand why we bothered to send a
correction.  It's all fine and good to say that moderators on
-announce should exercise caution, but what are they supposed to be
cautious ABOUT?  A minor wording problem with a release announcement
that requires a microscope to detect?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company