Re: Which RAID Controllers to pick/avoid? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Which RAID Controllers to pick/avoid?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 07:30, Dan Birken <birken@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you everybody for the detailed answers, the help is well appreciated.
> A couple of follow-up questions:
> - Is the supercap + flash memory considered superior to the BBU in practice?

I think it's considered about equivalent.

The advantages of the flash one are no battery maintenance (=no
downtime every <n> years to replace it) and no "timeout" if you loose
power (but the battery backed ones are usually good for 48 hours or
so, and if you don't have a server up by then...)

>  Is that type of system well tested?

Yes.

> - Is the linux support of the LSI and Adaptec cards comparable?

Can't comment on that one, sorry.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/