Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade?
Date
Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade?  (Steve Clark <sclark@netwolves.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Steve Crawford
<scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing you are missing an initdb. Move your old data directory
> somewhere else for now and do a new initdb so you can start up version 9.

When you say 'old data' can you be more specific as to the path and
possible files I need to move?

I go to '/var/lib/postgres/data/' directory however I am not sure
where from that folder structure I need to start moving files away
without breaking basic server functionality & connection data.