Re: Postgres insert performance and storage requirement compared to Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Postgres insert performance and storage requirement compared to Oracle
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello

2010/10/28 Divakar Singh <dpsmails@yahoo.com>:
> So another question pops up: What method in PostgreSQL does the stored proc
> use when I issue multiple insert (for loop for 100 thousand records) in the
> stored proc?

nothing special - but it run as inprocess inside server backend. The
are no data casting, there are no overhead from communication, there
are no overhead from content switch.

Regards

Pavel Stehule