Re: Purge obsolete security updates? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Purge obsolete security updates?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> WWW,
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/support/security
>
> ... currently has security patch information going back to 2004.  I'd
> like to cut everything which only applies through version 8.0 as
> obsolete.  This would mean cutting all notices starting with
> CVE-2006-0678.

Well there are two notices prior to that that apply to 8.1.

> Further, I'd like to make a general policy that we cut security
> information from this page a year after the last referenced version goes
> EOL (e.g. we'd delete CVE-2006-5542 this November).

Will the information still be archived someplace if someone needs it?

I might be more inclined to move it to a separate page than to nuke it
completely.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company