Re: Purge obsolete security updates? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Purge obsolete security updates?
Date
List pgsql-www
>> ... currently has security patch information going back to 2004.  I'd
>> like to cut everything which only applies through version 8.0 as
>> obsolete.  This would mean cutting all notices starting with
>> CVE-2006-0678.
>
> Well there are two notices prior to that that apply to 8.1.

Oh, yeah, well spotted.  Those two would be untouched.

> Will the information still be archived someplace if someone needs it?

The release notes will still be available.

> I might be more inclined to move it to a separate page than to nuke it
> completely.

Why?  What's the point in keeping it around?

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com