Re: [HACKERS] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 20:38, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> Yes, of course, int8 functions are separate.  I attach an updated
> patch, although I still think there's a better way of doing this.

Thanks. Please add the patch to the *current* commitfest
because it's a bugfix.
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=9

I've not tested the patch yet, but if we could drop the following
line in the patch, the code could be much cleaner.
  /* ensure first value in series should exist */

> I'm not sure how this should be handled.  Should there just be a check
> for either kind of infinity and return an error if that's the case?  I

Maybe so. It also works if we had infinity on timestamp overflow, but
I've not tested yet.  Anyway, we need similar fix for timestamp versions.

--
Itagaki Takahiro