Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 5 November 2010 11:36, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 13:32, A B <gentosaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just thinking about the case where I will have almost 100%
> selects, but still needs something better than a plain key-value
> storage so I can do some sql queries.
> The server will just boot, load data, run,  hopefully not crash but if
> it would, just start over with load and run.

If you want fast read queries then changing
fsync/full_page_writes/synchronous_commit won't help you.

Yes, those will be for write-performance only, so useless in this case.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion