Re: Approval of announce posts - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Approval of announce posts
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Someone is again approving announce posts that shouldn't be approved.
>>> We don't need to broadcast a discussion of which events will be
>>> recorded and how to get a visa to our entire readership.
>
>> And someone just approved another one of this type...
>
> I haven't seen anyone confess to ill-considered approvals.  Is it
> possible there's a bug that's letting some things slide through
> unapproved?

I think it's more likely that there's a bug that's letting some
carelessness slide through unconfessed, but as Magnus said, we really
need to log somewhere what actions have been taken by which moderators
so that we can respond in a little bit more informed way to problems
in this area.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company