Re: MVCC performance issue - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: MVCC performance issue
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 12 November 2010 16:14, Kyriacos Kyriacou <kyriacosk@prime-tel.com> wrote:

We are still using PostgreSQL 8.2.4. We are running a 24x7 system and database size is over 200Gb so upgrade is not an easy decision!

I have it in my plans so in next few months I will setup new servers and upgrade to version 9.

Everything changed, performance-wise, in 8.3, and there have also been improvements since then too.  So rather than completely changing your database platform, at least take a look at what work has gone into Postgres since the version you're using.  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3.html#AEN87319

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion