Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade?
Date
Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade?  (Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:
> I can't speak for Arch Linux' upgrade setup, but going from 8.4 -> 9.0
> requires that the data directory either be dumped/recreated, or ran
> through the new upgrade process (which (as yet) I have no experience
> with).
>
> If the Arch Linux stuff doesn't do that automatically, then you'll have
> to do it manually.

I just read:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/release-9-0

Sadly I blindly upgraded my database w/o doing a dump / restore so can
anyone tell me if I am dead in the water or is there a way I can
recover from this error on my part?