Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for Holdem Manager could not be installed.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Alphadion <s_savovbg@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried to install any of the versions but it always gives that message
> "Could not connect to the database server, please check port 5432 and
> 127.0.0.1" or  something like that. I've opened a range of ports on my
> router's page, and also opened one in my computer through the firewall.
>
> Holdem Manager is a tracking software for playing poker online. It stores
> all yours and opponents' hands and uses Postgresql for that. It was working
> properly until one day when it just stopped, giving a message about
> inability to onnect to database server. I tried system restore and
> everything possible, including a teamviewer session with one of the Holdem
> Manager forums admins. Nothing helped...
>
> I dont want to reinstall the whole Windows as I'm not sure if it's going to
> work. I tried installing HM and postgres on another computer in the same
> network and it doesnt work on it too...

Check your event viewer application log for interesting details.
Confirm if any postgres processes are running in task manager.  Look
and see if postgres services is installed in service control manager,
and if it is not running, try and start it.

My money is on expired password issue on the postgres account.

merlin