Re: dropping connection - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michael Shapiro
Subject Re: dropping connection
Date
List pgadmin-support
OK. I'll live with it. I know what happens. I run query once. Then I let the window sit idle for a while (long enough for the connection to get dropped, or at least I think it is dropped). Then I re-run the query. I get an error message (but no prompt to reconnect). Then if I run the query yet again, I get the error again (no prompt to reconnect) and occasionally, (but not every time), PgAdmin then crashes.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le 27/09/2010 17:27, Michael Shapiro a écrit :
> It is frustrating, it is not reproducible by me either. I can't find a way
> to force it happen. I even had the sys-admins on the server kill the backend
> process that was connected to the query window and could not get the crash.
>
> I have had my system checked to see if there are hardware issues that may
> cause this, but nothing has turned up.
> I understand that if a problem is not reproducible it would be pretty hard
> to find the cause.
>
> Is there anything I can do on my end to help with this? Some kind of
> debugging (either in PgAdmin or Windows) that I could turn on so that when
> it does happen, you would have something useful to work with ...

Nope. The only thing I can say is that, if you get bitten with it
another time, try to remember exactly how it came. I know it's not that
useful, but I don't think you can do much more.