Re: Versioning policy and pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Versioning policy and pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 8/16/10 5:46 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> I don't really think that pg_upgrade should be recommended for 8.3 to
>>> 8.4 upgrades.  There are too many limitations and it's not been well
>>> tested.  I don't even trust it very much yet for 8.4 to 9.0 updates...
>
> It's actually pretty well tested for to 9.0.  A lot of the beta-testers
> have been using it.

Beta testers are one thing; large numbers of production users are
something else again.  I believe it's better tested this time than it
was last time around, but I wouldn't be prepared to bet against us
finding more bugs.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company