Re: Versioning policy and pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Versioning policy and pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> I don't really think that pg_upgrade should be recommended for 8.3 to
>>> 8.4 upgrades.  There are too many limitations and it's not been well
>>> tested.  I don't even trust it very much yet for 8.4 to 9.0 updates...

> It's actually pretty well tested for to 9.0.  A lot of the beta-testers
> have been using it.

Well, I think it's now approaching releaseable quality for 8.4->9.0.
What I was objecting to was recommending the previous iteration with
any enthusiasm ...
        regards, tom lane