Re: How to get correct error message before logging to database - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Andrus
Subject Re: How to get correct error message before logging to database
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi!

> What application is actually throwing the error?

Visual FoxPro.
It uses message returned from odbc using AERROR() function.

>Is the above a direct quote or a translation?

It is direct quote. Copied from windows messagebox using Ctrl+C

> I ask because I do not find it in the 09.05.0300 source.

Maybe Windows ODBC or VFP cannot retrieve error message and thus return
this.

> Earlier versions of drivers returned correct error message.
>Which version(s) exactly.

09.00.0101 and previous versions.

>What message did they return?

They returned messages like:

FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "xxx"

fe_sendauth: no password supplied

could not translate host name "xxxxx" to address: Unknown server error

After logged in normal messages appear.

Andrus.