Re: 9.2 to 9.5 pg_upgrade losing data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pete Fuller
Subject Re: 9.2 to 9.5 pg_upgrade losing data
Date
List pgsql-general
Same chips, same model Dell Poweredge actually.  The process is pretty much the same between the local and offsite replicas, we have a home-brew script that runs an rsync from the master to the replica.  On the local replica, it then takes the machine out of pacemaker standby, on the offsite replica it starts up postgres directly.

One thought we had today.  There is a chance some local crons and some monitoring scripts might be attempting to run queries on  the DB during the migration.  Is there any chance that could foul something up?  its the one difference we could think of after a brainstorming session here.  We are going to attempt another test this evening with all crons disabled and monitoring disabled.

Pete Fuller, Tracking Server Systems Administrator

2055 North Brown Road, Suite 225, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
M: 678.677.5864
pete_fuller@3sisecurity.com  │ 3sisecurity.com

Innovation That Protects