Re: installer woes, 9.1 on windows 2008 R2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: installer woes, 9.1 on windows 2008 R2
Date
List pgsql-general

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of John R Pierce
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:38 PM
To: PostgreSQL
Subject: [GENERAL] installer woes, 9.1 on windows 2008 R2

trying to install 9.1.9 64bit on a win2008 r2 server and getting a failure of the initdb phase, with no clue why.

I've installed the application on C:\postgresql\9.1\  and the data on D:\postgresql\9.1\data  ... after the first try,
Iadded the LOCAL\postgres user to the permissions on the D:\postgresql\9.1 directory and gave it full control, this
propagatedto the .\data dir too, then I tried running the installer again (since there's no clues how to manually
invokethe initdb process properly).   same error, no clues.
'problem running post-install step. ....
The database cluster initialization failed'.

is there an installation log somewhere?  I haven't found it in either \postgresql\ path.

if it matters, this server is a member of the corporate active directory, as is my user account that I ran the
installerfrom (but said user account is a member o the local Administrators, and the PG installer invoked the privilege
elevationthing when it started)

Look for bitrock_installer.log in the \Users\<account_you_are_using>\AppData\Local\Temp.
Or just do search for bitrock_installer.log file.

Igor Neyman