Re: [tsvector] to_tsvector called multiple times - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: [tsvector] to_tsvector called multiple times
Date
List pgsql-general
Sven R. Kunze wrote:
> Maybe, I have difficulties to understand the relationship/dependencies
> between all these 'maybe' available dictionary/parser/stemmer packages.
>
> What happens if I install all packages for a single language? (hunspell,
> myspell, ispell, snowball)
>
> Are they complementary? Do they replace each other?

They are all dictionaries.

The "text search configuration" determines which dictionaries get
applied to which kinds of words in which order.

So if you introduce a new dictionary, you either have to modify
an existing configuration or efine a new one to use it.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe