Re: [tsvector] to_tsvector called multiple times - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sven R. Kunze
Subject Re: [tsvector] to_tsvector called multiple times
Date
List pgsql-general
I think I understand now.

Thus, the issue at hand could (maybe) be solved by passing words first
to one of those more elaborate dictionaries (myspell, hunspell or
ispell) and if still necessary then to snowball.

Did I get this right?

On 26.05.2015 13:38, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Sven R. Kunze wrote:
>> Maybe, I have difficulties to understand the relationship/dependencies
>> between all these 'maybe' available dictionary/parser/stemmer packages.
>>
>> What happens if I install all packages for a single language? (hunspell,
>> myspell, ispell, snowball)
>>
>> Are they complementary? Do they replace each other?
> They are all dictionaries.
>
> The "text search configuration" determines which dictionaries get
> applied to which kinds of words in which order.
>
> So if you introduce a new dictionary, you either have to modify
> an existing configuration or efine a new one to use it.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Regards,

--
Sven R. Kunze
TBZ-PARIV GmbH, Bernsdorfer Str. 210-212, 09126 Chemnitz

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Reiner Wohlgemuth
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Chemnitz
Registergericht: Chemnitz HRB 8543