Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Sameer Kumar wrote:
> I guess I will be exploring more on oracle foreign data wrapper.
>
> Has anyone tried using oracle_fdw with Oracle RAC? I am wondering how would it handle failovers.

I have not tried it, but it should work as follows:

- You'll have to use a connect string that is correctly defined for
  "transparent application failover", see
  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e10836/advcfg.htm#NETAG455

- Failover will happen automatically.

- SELECTs should be able to complete without error message.

- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE will fail with an error message and
  will have to be retried.  I did not code oracle_fdw to support
  TAF for DML statements.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe