Re: Make check fails on 8.3.7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Make check fails on 8.3.7
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7 Aug 2009, at 4:02, Christine Desmuke wrote:

>> If so, isn't it just the output of stderr getting lost here? What
>> shell are you using?
>
> Yes, it looks like stderr is lost. I'm running bash, and there is
> nothing odd in .bash_profile

> Any ideas?

I have to admit I'm running out, this seems to be a rather odd
problem. Maybe someone who knows CentOS (or Linux in general) has some
ideas what's going on here.
Let's see if we can find any trace of where things are going wrong...

Is there anything about why the regression tests failed in the system
logs?

Were you redirecting the script output somewhere?
Does your stderr work? If you purposely cause an error, do you get an
error message? Can you write it to a file?

What are you running your shell from, the console or some kind of X-
or otherwise virtual console (screen for example)? If the latter, can
you try the regression tests from the console?

If that still doesn't show anything it's probably a good idea to run
the regression tests through trace, but that's probably going to
create a LOT of output to wade through. It should point you to the
culprit though.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4a7c116e10131844317574!