Proper Installation of Postgres and Postgis on 10.5 Intel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject Proper Installation of Postgres and Postgis on 10.5 Intel
Date
List pgsql-general
I tried now for weeks to get postgres & postgis going on my machine,
in vain... Lots of frustration has been built up, lots of energy went
into it... But nothing goes... I mean, postgres is running, postgis is
installed, but it constantly craches, doesn't accept shp2pgsql imports
etc...

So, can anybody give me installation instructions on how to install
postgres & postgis on Leopard (with a MacPro)? Either by hand-
compiling or with MacPorts? Or some other stuff? Strange enough, even
the kyngchaos libs didn't work, even after having completely re-
installed my machine...

Thanks thousand times for any such advice!

Stef