Re: Proper Installation of Postgres and Postgis on 10.5 Intel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: Proper Installation of Postgres and Postgis on 10.5 Intel
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
> I tried now for weeks to get postgres & postgis going on my machine, in
> vain... Lots of frustration has been built up, lots of energy went into
> it... But nothing goes... I mean, postgres is running, postgis is
> installed, but it constantly craches, doesn't accept shp2pgsql imports
> etc...

What error messages have you got?

What ./configure options did you use?

What crashes - the client process running the command? or the whole
postgres server?

Do you have any core dumps? Or crash logs?

Does shp2pgsql give any messages? Have you looked in console.log?

Is the shp file known to import ok on other installations?

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz