Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Aug 8, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Steve Atkins wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 8, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
>>>
>>> Praise in public, criticize in private.
>>
>> This should be the main take away from this thread.
>>
>>> Particularly when it's 'one of our own'.
>
> There is nothing wrong with public constructive criticism. The problem
> is when people turn it into a war. I have zero problem with public
> criticism of CMD that is kind of the FOSS way.

True. But it would be good if everyone involved remembers that
this is a public forum, and keeps the criticism as professional,
constructive (and ideally, not misquotable out of context) as much
as possible.

Convincing DBAs at an Oracle-only company that PG is a solid,
professionally maintained and supported application is tricky
enough without an impression of public infighting amongst
ourselves.

Cheers,
   Steve