Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albretch Mueller
Subject Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist
Date
Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist  (Lew <noone@lwsc.ehost-services.com>)
List pgsql-general
> ... are times local or UTC
~
 this is a rather semantic, not a syntactic issue that some code could
NOT decide based on the data it reads
~
> Should we assume integer or float?
~
 is a dot anywhere in the data you read in for that particular column? ...
~
> Varchar or text?
~
 Is the length of the data read in always less than 255 bytes ( or
characters?)?  ...
~
 You have made clear to me why my attempt for a RFE for COPY FROM CVS
has found some technical resistance/disagreement, but I still think my
idea even if not so popular for concrete and cultural reasons makes at
least sense to some people
~
 DBAs ussualy have a mental map of the data they have on each table,
etc; whereas as a data analyst you find yourself constantly reading
in, cleasing and marshaling data from which you have no prior
knowledge
~
 lbrtchx