Re: Big Performance drop of Exceptions in UDFs between V11.2 and 13.4 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Big Performance drop of Exceptions in UDFs between V11.2 and 13.4
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 9/13/21 4:36 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 9/13/21 11:53 AM, ldh@laurent-hasson.com wrote:

aroundthe corner too so the team is super busy 😊

>> Just looking for some super-rough ETA for some rough planning on our end. Is this something potentially for 13.5
laterthis year? Or something that may happen before the end of Sept? Or still unknown? And I understand all is always
tentative.

> This is not governed at all by the Postgres release cycle. The issue is
> not with Postgres but with the version of libintl used in the build. I
> can't speak for the team, they will publish an updated installer when
> they get it done. But rest assured it's being worked on. I got email
> about it just this morning.

EDB has now published new installers for versions later than release 11,
containing Postgres built with an earlier version of gettext that does
not exhibit the problem. Please verify that these fix the issue. If you
already have Postgres installed from our installer you should be able to
upgrade using Stackbuilder. Otherwise, you can download from our usual
download sites.

cheers

andrew