Re: Upgrading from from 7.4.2 to 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thomas F.O'Connell
Subject Re: Upgrading from from 7.4.2 to 8.0
Date
List pgsql-performance
It should be noted that users who use Slony can create a subscriber
node running 8.0 that subscribes to a node running 7.4.x and can
transition with only the downtime required for failover.

This obviates the need for a dump/restore.

See <http://slony.info/>.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell