Re: Schema tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aram Fingal
Subject Re: Schema tool
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, each of you for all the suggestions on schema generating tools.  I haven't had a chance to evaluate them all
yetbut DBVisualizer looks pretty good.  In the meanwhile I found SQL Power Architect, which is also free/open source,
andcan do this kind of diagraming but is not as good as DBVisualizer for my purposes.  It has some other interesting
featureswhich would be of interest to someone working in an environment with several different kinds of databases.
SchemaSpylooks to be a good option since the description mentions that they had to implement product-specific queries
tosupport views but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  Support for views is important to me and DBVisualizer
andthe other tools I have looked at so far, just display them as disconnected objects.

I was thinking of reporting back to this forum with advantages/disadvantages of each tool, as I see it, but realized
thatI was rapidly getting too far off topic for a list focused specifically on PostgreSQL.

-Aram