Re: [GENERAL] storing postgres data on dropbox - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] storing postgres data on dropbox
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/18/2017 01:00 PM, Martin Mueller wrote:
> Did you mean  that "/users/martin/Library ApplicationSupport/Postgres/var9.5/base/" is above  or below the data
directory? As I understand it Postgres is the highest Postgres specific directory. It contains just one child
directory,var-9.5, which has a lot of subdirectories, including 'base'. So I assume that "base" is the "entire Postgres
directory".Is that correct

Pretty sure the answer is no. I am going to say the Postgres data
directory is /users/martin/Library ApplicationSupport/Postgres/var9.5/.

Take a look at this link:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/storage-file-layout.html

and see if what is under:

/users/martin/Library ApplicationSupport/Postgres/var9.5/

looks similar.

*** It would also help to know how you installed Postgres? ***

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.postgresql.org_docs_9.6_static_storage-2Dfile-2Dlayout.html&d=DwICaQ&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=rG8zxOdssqSzDRz4x1GLlmLOW60xyVXydxwnJZpkxbk&m=lQpZV77iEes6tm1L3zsHQm9eceGhQh8UV4IOgzDvapg&s=MpRqOYUdfX_Z4OK9-AFg2b7glEe4lY2aYupB6508ZjQ&e=

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com