Re: cutting down the TODO list thread - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Date
List pgsql-hackers
John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Here are the next couple of sections with items proposed to be moved to the
> "not worth doing" page. As before, if there are any objections, let me
> know. I'll make the move in a few days.

> - Fix /contrib/ltree operator
>   Bug from 2007 with zero followup

Actually, I believe this was fixed by 70dc4c509; at least, the
case shown in the bug report now yields "false" as expected.

> - Fix /contrib/btree_gist's implementation of inet indexing
>   Bug from 2010 and apparent lack of interest

This one's pretty clearly a bug.  Lack of interest or no, we
should keep it around.

> - Allow to_date() and to_timestamp() to accept localized month names

This is done too, see d67755049.