HELP! BUG? pg_dump mucks up grant/revoke - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Keith F Irwin
Subject HELP! BUG? pg_dump mucks up grant/revoke
Date
List pgsql-general
(Hm. Not sure this went through the first time, so resending: sorry for
the duplicate.)

Hi:

I'm using pg 7.1.2.

I've got a database with views which have permissions granted to a
certain
user.  Defined something like:

        create view whatever....

        revoke all on whatever from user
        grant select on whatever to user

(If I get the syntax wrong, it doesn't matter here.)

THEN, I do a pg_dump:

        pg_dump --attribute-inserts database > dump.sql

all well and good expect for one thing: the grant/revoke lines appear
BEFORE the create view definitions, so when I read the dump back into
postgres via:

        dropdb database
        createdb database
        cat dump.sql | psql database

I get "relation doesn't exist" errors and my "user" no longer has
permission to use those views.  This is a bug, isn't it?

Keith