Re: Postgresql & Python 2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Keith F Irwin
Subject Re: Postgresql & Python 2
Date
List pgsql-general
> > Let's suppose I want to delete python1.5.  If a reinstall the
> > posgres-python rpm, it'll put 'em back in /usr/lib/python1.5.  How do I
> > get them into the python2 directory?

> Don't move them - python 1.5 and python 2 aren't binary compatible.

> What you can do, is to hardcode the pyver variable on top of the file.

Trond--

I hate to be ignorant, but what do you mean?  You're talking about the
fact that they _pgmodule.so is incompatible?

What does it mean to hardcode the pyver variable on top of the file? If
I've got a database.py file with database classes, and I include this
file in main.py, which instantiates its objects and calls its methods,
how to I run main.py with Python2, and Database.py with Python1.5?

I'll see if I can find something in the python library reference, as
soon as I can get to it.

Might this work for me?

    http://www.bel-epa.com/pyapache/Python/postgresql-python/

If so, I'll have to figure out how to hack that myself... ;)

Keith